Why Clean and Degrease Heavy Equipment?
Whether your working with an excavator, forklift, back hoe, tri axle truck or any other equipment your projects will see better results when these tools are working and looking their best!
Regular preventative maintenance is a key part of any successful operation and inspires a safe, professional and reliable work environment. It’s proven that regularly cleaned and inspected equipment kept in good working condition greatly reduces break downs mid-job - reducing stress, lost time and profits.
But why is it particularly important to clean and degrease your heavy equipment?
- Mechanics save a lot of time troubleshooting issues or performing maintenance or repairs on clean equipment.
- Overtime build up of dirt, grime and grease can act as an abrasive and cause friction in fixed and moving parts. This will cause a lot faster machine wear than regular wash equipment.
- Cleaning and degreasing equipment is a great way to expose potential problems with your equipment such as fatigue, rusting, worn or leaky fittings around hydraulic and electrical systems. Hidden issues can become the greatest safety hazard.
- Clean equipment engenders a culture of professionalism and sends a clear message to clients, staff and safety groups.
- Your equipment manufacturer will recommend it and provide cleaning guidelines for you – check out their website!
- When it comes time to sell your equipment, you will save yourself a lot time and help your equipment retain it’s value!
Fully Cleaning Heavy Equipment is big job. Here are a few a tips that will help you:
- Degreaser and Wash Soap – you may think a pressure is sufficient for your cleaning however you will waste LABOUR RESOURCE or TIME cutting through the grease and grime.
- Personal protective equipment – #1 eye / face protection, anti-skid rubber boats, a good pair of gloves and overalls.
- Pressure washing equipment – you need HIGH PRESSURE – it’s not worth cutting corners on your pressure washer selection! Our recommendation is a unit between 2,500 and 3,000 psi. A hot water pressure washer can definitely increase the effectiveness and come in useful during winter months to remove frozen chunks of mud.
- Other tools – a shovel can be extremely useful for removing large chunks of mud.
4 Simple Steps for Ultimate Speed & Effectiveness
- High Pressure Rinse.
- Attach Foam Cannon to Pressure Washer to apply Tuff Orange HD Degreaser. This safe certified biodegradable degreaser has a higher PH that will eat through the grease. Increase product concentration on engine area. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Foam on Power Green Touchless Soap with a lower PH to neutralize and clean. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- High Pressure Rinse.
And there you have it! This it the quickest and easiest way to keep your equipment clean, staff happy and equipment profitable!